How to Accept Darwinism: Deny Reality
Leading Science Magazine Questions Reality
by Jerry Bergman, PhD
The New Scientist cover story from August 3-9, 2019, reads, “Reality: The Greatest Illusion of All.” It is subtitled, “How Evolution has Blinded us to the Truth About the World.” I have often come across this theme in my reading. It usually goes like this: ‘The world, especially all forms of life, look very much like they were designed, but this is an illusion because we know that all life and the universe itself evolved.’ The author of the New Scientist article, University of California Professor Donald Hoffman, extends this logic further, writing that Darwinism inevitably fools us, because “evolution ruthlessly selects against truth strategies.” As a result, “An organism that sees objective reality is always less fit than an organism of equal complexity that sees fitness pay-offs. Seeing objective reality will make you extinct.”
Evolution ruthlessly selects against truth strategies —Donald Hoffman, evolutionist
Yes, this quote is accurate! (I have yet to figure out, however, exactly what it means.) It would seem an organism in tune with objective reality should be more fit than an organism of equal complexity that does not see objective reality. Indeed, not being able to see objective reality would be more likely to cause an organism to become extinct, wouldn’t it? Richard Dawkins’ adds to the confusion with this well-known quote from his book The Blind Watchmaker: “Biology is the study of complicated things that give the appearance of having been designed for a purpose.” He quickly explains in this passage that he thinks design is an illusion. “Natural selection is the blind watchmaker, blind because it does not see ahead, does not plan consequences, [and] has no purpose in view,” he preaches. “Yet the living results of natural selection overwhelmingly impress us with the illusion of design and planning.”
This presents a conundrum. How can Dawkins know the difference between reality and illusion? If his reality is an illusion produced by evolution, then he cannot step out of that reality to judge that it is an illusion. The illusion would be his reality. He would need a Yoda Complex on an exalted plane to look down on reality and tell the difference between the two. But his Yoda Complex would be the ultimate ev-illusion, compounding his fantasy. —Ed.
Evolutionism is a lens through which Darwinian scientists see all of reality. But according to their own epistemology, evolution distorts reality. (This distortion is not limited to Darwinism. Another article in New Scientist concludes, “An alarming amount of [scientific] research is flawed” because of subconscious biases.).
Deny Honesty, Too
James J. Krupa, a Kentucky University professor, confirms his own bias when it comes to imparting evolution to his students. His mission is not to educate, but to indoctrinate. In my upcoming book Darwinism Is the Doorway to Atheism, I quote him saying,
all too many people interpret the phrase evolutionary theory to mean evolutionary hunch. Not surprisingly, I spend the first week of class differentiating theory from fact, as well as defining other critical terms. Some colleagues ask why I bother… I remind them that evolution is the foundation of our science, and we simply can’t shy away from explaining it. We don’t avoid using the “g-word” when talking about gravitational theory, nor do we avoid the “c-word” when talking about cell theory. So why avoid talking about evolution, let alone defending it? After all, as a biologist, the mission of advancing evolution education is the most important aspect of my job.
Colleagues told him that his life would be easier if he backed off from his
relentless efforts to advance evolution education. Maybe so. But to shy away from emphasizing evolutionary biology is to fail as a biology teacher. I continue to teach biology as I do, because biology makes sense only in the light of evolution.
Given this commitment to evolutionism, some teachers and professors rationalize deceptive practices by thinking that the ends justify the means. Some evolutionists even approve of using falsehoods, if the result is more students believing in evolution.2 Bora Zivkovic is one such evolutionary indoctrinator. According to one evolutionary ‘True Believer,’ this professor at North Carolina Wesleyan College thinks it is perfectly OK to teach some “inaccuracies” if they help to persuade students to accept evolution.4 He explains that, in order to convert students to evolution, professors first
have to bring them over to your side, gain their trust, and then hold their hands and help them step by step [to embrace Darwinism]. And on that slow journey, which will be painful for many of them, it is OK to use some inaccuracies temporarily if they help you reach the students. If a student … goes on to study biology, then he or she will unlearn the inaccuracies in time. If most of the students do not, but those cutesy examples help them accept evolution, then it is OK if they keep some of those little inaccuracies for the rest of their lives.
trying to make them …. understand evolution even if they do not want to ‘believe’ it … I first teach about cell, heredity and development, which gives them (and me) tools for coverage of evolution. Then I explain evolution using insects as an example before ending with … humans…. Then I cover Origin of Life, evolution of diversity and current diversity. But I do not leave evolution behind when I move on to ecology, behavior and physiology either. More easily this time, but sometimes a little more ‘sneakily’ if I know I have Creationists in class.
So the key is to move ‘sneakily.’ Bora Zivkovic has been called “one of the most influential people in the science blogging world.” This quote was widely publicized, and even some evolutionists objected to what they rightly judged as deceit. Many evolutionists unconsciously, or even consciously, employ Zivkovic’s strategy when teaching or supporting evolution, but few will openly admit it. Of interest is the fact that Zivkovic was recently charged with inappropriate behavior with women.
Many Other Examples Exist of Darwinian Fraud and Forgery
The history of evolution is replete with examples of fraud and forgery. A few examples are documented in my book Evolution’s Blunders, Frauds and Forgeries. This book contains 20 chapters, 18 of which cover a separate example, specifically:
- Darwin’s blunder has been falsified: Evolution is true, but going backwards.
- The pervasive problem of fraud and forgery in paleoanthropology.
- The rise and fall of two putative first life-forms: Bathybius haeckelii and Eozoön.
- More paleoanthropology fraud: The cases of Aimé Rutot, Charles Dawson, and Viswat Jit Gupta.
- Pithecanthropus alalus, the missing link that never existed: A failed attempt to prove evolution.
- The human facial angle blunder to prove evolution and the human race hierarchy.
- The failed attempt to use fingerprints to prove evolution and race inferiority.
- The Ancon sheep blunder: A now falsified proof of macroevolution.
- Darwin’s peacock tail proof of sexual selection myth.
- A century-old fraud debunked: Haeckel’s Biogenetic Law.
- The Piltdown Man hoax: The most infamous blunder in science.
- The Hesperopithecus debacle: The human-ape link that turned out to be a pig.
- The ape-to-human evolution progression: The most common evolution icon is a fraud.
- Human-ape hybridization: The failed attempts to support Darwinism.
- Java Man: A creature between apes and humans, an extinct ape, a primitive man, or?
- Modern fossil forgeries exposed: The Confuciusornis and the Archaeoraptor fossil forgeries.
- Evolutionary throwbacks: Atavisms, another tragic chapter in the history of Darwinism.
- Why the problem of fraud exists in science today.
I am now working on a second book that covers 20 more examples of fraud and foolishness that resulted from Darwinism, titled Lobotomies, Dangerous Radiation and Other Foolishness Inspired by Darwinism which includes the following eleven:
- Frontal Lobotomies: a Darwinism Mental Health Holocaust [see my 22 Jan 2019 article].
- Phrenology: A Tragic Myth Behind Darwinism.
- Dangerous Blood Test Used to Prove Evolution Fails.
- The One Gene-One Trait Myth Exposed.
- Using Dangerous Radiation to Speed Up Evolution.
- Proving Evolution by Fraud: The Paul Kammerer Case.
- The Tasaday Darwinian Stone Age People Hoax.
- Evolution’s Population Bomb has Bombed.
- The Neanderthal Blunder.
- A Book Inspired by Darwinism Triggers a Wave of Repression Around the World [see 26 April 2019].
- What the Cold-Water Cure Teaches Us About Darwin.
Many other examples could be provided to document the fact that the fruits of Darwinism are problematic and have caused a great deal of evil in the world, not the least of which include the eugenics movement and Nazism. Below are 9 books that further document my thesis.
- Hitler and the Nazi Darwinian Worldview: How the Nazi Eugenic Crusade for a Superior Race Caused the Greatest Holocaust in World History. 2012. Kitchener, Ontario, Canada: Joshua Press.
- The Darwin Effect: Its influence on Nazism, Eugenics, Racism, Communism, Capitalism & Sexism. 2014. Green Forest, AR: Master Books.
- The Dark Side of Charles Darwin. 2015. Green Forest, AR: New Leaf Press.
- Fossil Forensics: Separating Fact from Fantasy in Paleontology. 2017. Tulsa, OK: Bartlett Publishing.
- Evolution is the Doorway to Atheism. 2019. Southworth, WA: Leafcutter Press.
- Science is the Doorway to Creation: Nobel Laureates and Other Eminent Scientists Who Reject Orthodox Darwinism. 2019. Southworth, WA: Leafcutter Press.
- Useless Organs: The Rise and Fall of the Once Major Argument for Evolution. 2019. Tulsa, OK: Bartlett Publishing.
- The “Poor Design” Argument Against Intelligent Design Falsified. 2019. Tulsa, OK: Bartlett Publishing.
- God in President Eisenhower’s Life, Military Career, and Presidency. 2019. Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock Publishers.
 New Scientist. August 3-9, 2019.
 David Hoffman, New Scientist. August 3-9, 2019, p.36.
 Richard Dawkins. 1986. The Blind Watchmaker. New York, NY: W.W. Norton & Company, p. 1.
 Richard Dawkins. 1986. The Blind Watchmaker. New York, NY: W.W. Norton & Company, p. 21. Emphasis added.
 Sonia van Glider Cooke. 2016. The Unscientific Method. New Scientist April 16, pp. 39-41.
 March/April 2015 issue of Orion. https://orionmagazine.org/article/defending-darwin/ Emphasis added.
 Why teaching evolution is dangerous. http://scienceblogs.com/clock/2008/08/25/why-teaching-evolution-is-dang/ . and Darwinian Fundamentalism. http://darwinianfundamentalism.blogspot.com/2008/08/bio-prof-it-is-ok-to-use-some.html. https://creation.com/evolutionist-its-ok-to-deceive-students-to-believe-evolution. Emphasis added.
 See Ref. 6.
 Laura Helmuth. 2013. “Don’t Be a Creep: Lessons from the latest terrible, sad, fascinating scandal in the science blogging world.” https://slate.com/human-interest/2013/10/science-blogging-scandal-bora-zivkovic-and-sexual-harassment.html.
 Atlanta, GA: CMI Publishing, 2017.
Dr. Jerry Bergman has taught biology, genetics, chemistry, biochemistry, anthropology, geology, and microbiology at several colleges and universities including for over 40 years at Bowling Green State University, Medical College of Ohio where he was a research associate in experimental pathology, and The University of Toledo. He is a graduate of the Medical College of Ohio, Wayne State University in Detroit, the University of Toledo, and Bowling Green State University. He has over 1,300 publications in 12 languages and 40 books and monographs. His books and textbooks that include chapters that he authored, are in over 1,500 college libraries in 27 countries. So far over 80,000 copies of the 40 books and monographs that he has authored or co-authored are in print. For more articles by Dr Bergman, see his Author Profile.