Totalitarians on the Loose in Science
One must stop totalitarians before they gain power, or they will never relinquish it.
Dictators require obedience, but totalitarians require assimilation. Totalitarians create thought crimes, and enforce them by brainwashing. It’s a tragic fact of history that Russians who suffered in the Great Terror looked to Stalin as their savior even as he destroyed their economy and sent relatives to Siberia and the gulags. The same happened with Mao, and is happening to day with Kim Jong Un.
In the classic 1984, George Orwell created a frighteningly realistic dystopia where even the language had been changed (“Newspeak”) to prevent thoughts of rebellion. Any hint of non-compliance met with the tortures of the Ministry of Love. After sufficient torture with electric shocks and rats, Winston lost all ability to resist, especially when his handler convinced him that, with the regime in charge of history and language, resistance was futile. He agreed that his handler was holding up five fingers when Winston only counted four. Assimilation was complete when Winston marched to his death with the thought that he loved Big Brother. And he meant it with all his shriveled heart.
Totalitarians must be resisted before they gain power. The potential evils are far greater today with the growing loss of privacy, GPS tracking, and social-media databases. Big Brother is here, watching our every move. Today’s totalitarians would create genetically-modified clones if they could – beings incapable of resistance. They never want to reason their way into power, convincing citizens by logic and history that they have better ideas. No; they seek power by subversion. Our Baloney Detector defines propaganda as “Any attempt to influence people’s actions or attitudes without making them think.” It includes nudging (11 June 2017), repetition, and redefining words. Look how modern totalitarians are manipulating citizens with subterfuge, not reason:
- Homosexuals concocted the phrase “marriage equality” to make supporters of traditional marriage feel guilty of unfairness.
- Homosexuals overcame millennia of traditional views of marriage by a single swing vote on the Supreme Court. That’s power, not reasoning.
- It is rapidly becoming a “thought crime” to disagree with the homosexual marriage, now that it is the “law of the land” thanks to one swing-vote judge. It can cost cakemakers, photographers or florists their jobs if they politely wish not to participate in creating messages that violate their consciences.
- The killing of human babies in the womb has been sanitized with terms like “women’s health” and “reproductive rights.”
- Schools are counseling confused children to take puberty-blocking drugs if they “identify” as transgenders, harming them for life, without telling their parents.
- Homosexuals have influenced “anti-discrimination” laws to conflate behavior with genetic traits, even though there is no gene for homosexuality (29 Aug 2019).
- Democrats in Congress are now pushing a “Fairness for All Act” that would treat LGBTQ individuals with the same anti-discrimination protection as women and blacks (FRC).
- Nineteen states have passed laws against “conversion therapy” counseling, even if the patients want it and ask for it. It is becoming a thought crime to believe that a homosexual or transgender person is capable of changing their sexual orientation, even though many have.
- Some governments are making it a crime to fail to use the preferred pronoun of an LGBTQ person. Teachers have been fired over this. Nobody is allowed to have a different opinion based on biological science.
- Social Media giants engage in shadow banning and manipulating ads and “news feeds” based on reader actions, to nudge readers away from views the regime considers politically correct.
- Climate change needs no debate any more. Crybaby Greta is their cute little puppet announcing the propaganda. Skeptics are “denialists” who must not be heard. They are not allowed to have a different view, and major media are choosing not to print their side of the story.
- Transgender women (biological men) are competing against women in sports and taking all the trophies, but it is a thought crime to complain about this. Those who do are mercilessly attacked by the press – even celebrity women athletes like tennis superstar Martina Navratilova, who was pressured to apologize for her thought crime, even though she identifies as a lesbian (CNN).
- Leftists continue to push the idea that Republicans are anti-science, and Democrats are the party of science.
- On some mainstream media stations, coverage of President Trump approaches 100% negative. His debatable “quid pro quo” was an impeachable offense, but Joe Biden’s clear quid pro quo has not been investigated so far. Nor was Obama’s or Hillary Clinton’s, etc. Strange as it seems, the ones who got away with it and made millions of dollars on abuse of power are all Democrats.
- Many schools are not telling parents about deviant sex education curricula, and are resisting parents who try to investigate what’s being said in the classroom to their kids.
- The LGBTQ movement invented “Drag Queen Story Hours” in public libraries to soften the opposition to their deviancy, and is now starting to promote them in public schools. (Hear FRC talk about this in Washington Watch January 31.) Who would have imagined such a thing a few years ago? The goal is to normalize deviancy little by little, and make those who oppose nudging children in this way look like bigots.
Vice is a monster of so frightful mien
As to be hated needs but to be seen;
Yet seen too oft, familiar with her face,
We first endure, then pity, then embrace. — Alexander Pope
Is Donald Trump anti-science? The data says yes (Phys.org). Leftists are so bold by this point, they don’t even consider it necessary to hide their bias. The “science” site Phys.org echoed this post from The Conversation uncritically. No shame; no opportunity for an opposing voice.
See this link for a record of failed climate predictions by experts over the last 50 years, complete with images of actual headlines. Who is anti-science?
A world of heroes and villains: why we should challenge children’s simplistic moral beliefs (The Conversation). Secular philosophers and psychologists have replaced preachers as the moral counselors of our age. There’s no such thing as right and wrong, Michael Hand preaches. Those old ideas are not “nuanced” enough for the coming utopia. Schools are the best places to indoctrinate children before their parents can twist their little minds. Let the elitists handle it.
Humans are hardwired to dismiss facts that don’t fit their worldview (The Conversation). You can’t help yourself if you disagree with the Global Warming Truth. Evolution made you that way, philosopher Adrian Bardon argues. Of course it made him an elitist totalitarian, too, but he doesn’t want to talk about that.
Inoculation theory: Using misinformation to fight misinformation (The Conversation). Whatever it takes to fight “misinformation” is fair in love and war, John Hand advises. And who has all the misinformation? Why, it’s the Republicans and conservatives! Wouldn’t you know?
Media ‘impartiality’ on climate change is ethically misguided and downright dangerous (The Conversation). We can’t let “climate denialists” have a voice in the debate. That would be dangerous, journalist Denis Muller says. Shut them up. Call Greta instead. Put her on the air.
Whether one agrees or disagrees with the Leftist views mentioned above is not the point. The point is that those who disagree are rapidly becoming non-persons without a voice – not because of reasoned debate, but because of effective propaganda and subversive tactics.
Darwin’s Totalitarian Empire
Darwinism became a totalitarian regime after the Scopes Trial, using all the tricks of the trade: lawsuits, shaming, fearmongering, euphemisms, repetition, redefinitions of terms, and virtually every trick in the Baloney Detector. Decades of opposition have not yet dislodged Emperor Charlie from his throne, despite valiant efforts and some hopeful progress. As a parallel, remember the outcry against federal funding for Planned Parenthood to the tune of half a billion dollars a year? Consider that despite a huge March for Life this year, Planned Parenthood is still getting taxpayer money, and marketing baby body parts while David Daleiden, who exposed their grisly practices, was convicted by a judge with ties to Planned Parenthood who should have recused himself, but did not (Project Veritas). This does not give much hope that Darwinist totalitarians will relinquish power any time soon.
Opponents of evolution need to understand that the issue is not about facts and reason. Debating evidence is important and must continue, but Darwinists don’t want debate. To them, anyone who doesn’t fall in is an idiot or worse – a non-person. They got judges and lawmakers to outlaw even the mention of intelligent design in a school classroom. The DOPE‘s are in control. They define the Newspeak and the history books. The Darwin Party snatched the trophy of power decades ago, and will not give it away – facts of nature be damned. Here’s an illustration:
Homosexuality may have evolved for social, not sexual reasons (The Conversation). Well, if it evolved, it’s not a moral issue, is it? Andrew Barron illustrates his mastery at turning a Darwinian liability into an asset. But of course, that is the job description of the Ministry of Truth. All public pronouncements must support the regime.
Each of these other social movements (LGBTQ, “fairness for all,” transgender rights to compete as women, abortion etc. are on the verge of the kind of total thought control that Darwinism has achieved. Stalwart Christians will never be safe until they “love Big Brother” in the guise of gay marriage, transgender rights, abortion, infanticide, evolution, genetic engineering, global governance, socialism, communism, and all the causes of the Left (hear Dennis Prager distinguish Leftism from Liberalism). Like Lenin and Stalin, Darwinians and Leftists are totalitarians. It’s a package deal. There’s only one correct view. Counter-revolutionaries are non-persons. They don’t exist.
I feel today religion is being driven out of the marketplace of ideas and there’s a organized militant secular effort to drive religion out of our lives. —Attorney General William Barr, Feb 1, 2020.
That is utopia. (Now see this.)
Are you going to just sit there and let this happen on your watch?
Recommended reading: Re-read our entry, “How to Nudge an Elitist” (11 June 2017).